2.09.2014

snippets from class

Topic: Identity
Speaker: Alessandro Gatti, Italy
  • Who are you?
  • When you are what you're doing, when you stop doing, you aren't! =P
  • Is it what I do that determines who I am, or who I am that determines what I do?
  • Nobody is better equipped to fulfill the unique purposes God designed me to fulfill.

  • We were all born with longings for security, significance, and acceptance--exactly what we were created for (Eden). 
  • Jesus came to bring abundant life!  (John 10:10)

  • No matter how much effort we put into creating an identity through appearance, accomplishments, or social status, it's a farce.
  • Identity never has to be proven.
  • As Christians, we live from our identity, not for our identity.  We are defined by who we are [in Christ], not by what we do (or fail to do) for Christ.

  • Truth only empowers when you believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment