3.15.2014

where has the time gone???

We've suddenly realized that we have a mere 3 weeks between us and Italy!  It's hard to believe that the months here in San Francisco will so quickly be over.  We have learned so much, built amazing friendships, and are slowly, but steadily, translating new concepts into everyday life.  And I've relearned how much I love living in a close community (yeah, I might annul this statement while traveling together for 3 months with more cramped and less ideal accommodations...but for now I'm thinking I'll really miss these folks when we finally part in June!).  We've really become a sort of [big] family.  Today we had the pleasure of all spending the day at the home of one of the students who lives about 1.5 hours from the base.  Her parents graciously opened their beautiful home to us, made lots of amazing food, and provided us with a gorgeous place to kick back, relax, and enjoy each other and nature.  It was a beautiful sunny day in Sunnyvale, CA and super refreshing for all of us.  I think we'd forgotten what grass was like!  We all enjoyed it immensely.  The back yard offered such a peaceful haven and was a lovely change from the sights and smells of the city.

Our class topic this week was Lordship, and was taught by multiple speakers from the YWAM SF community.  There were so many profound truths (as usual), I'm not sure how to condense it.  (My plan for tomorrow--in addition to getting up super early to ride along to Twin Peaks to see the sunrise--is to review my notes from the past week in an attempt to increase absorption.)  We talked about allowing God to show us what areas of life we are maintaining control over.  For me, this included my rights, my reputation, and my ideas/ theories/opinions.  A few other concepts that were highlighted to me in reflecting on the week were: entitlement vs. serving, hiding vs. leading, my agenda vs. God's will, and self-protection vs. vulnerability (all of which boil down to selfishness vs. Lordship).  I kept coming back to how counterintuitive the gospel is.  In search for peace, happiness, love, there are only counterfeits, but in seeking God, all these and more are fully realized.  Hmmm, perhaps that's what the Bible means when it says, "For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it." Luke 9:24

I hope you're all doing well.  I'd really REALLY love to hear from you!!!  If you have a chance, please drop a line via comment, email, or FB!  I'm always interested in feedback and/or hearing how life is going for you.  Love to all!
-sara

No comments:

Post a Comment